About the tour
Mount Tyree is climbed only by ten people and only seven of them are alive now (statistics by 2012). South face of mt. Tyree is 2000m high and never climbed yet. It is the highest face in Antarctica.
Once you are in Antarctica you may also try to climb mt Vinson – the highest in Antarctica – that is not far from Tyree.
Itinerary of mt. Tyree climb.
Day 1. Flight to Punta-Arenas, Chile
Day 2. Final preparations, buying food, equipment check, watching around. Overnight in hotel.
Day 3. Flight to Patriot hills, Antarktika. Flight to Base camp (BC). Setting up the BC(2100m).
Day 4. ABC
Day 5-15. Climbing period of mount Tyree.
Day 16. Descent to BC
Day 17. Flight to Union gletcher
Day 18. Flight from Union Gletcher to Punta-Arenas
Day 19. Flight home.
Important! Don’t plan anything at list three weeks after the supposed end of the trip. The delays of the flights from the gletcher are pretty possible and might be long!
Included in the cost:
- Professional mountain guide and other stuff
- Hotel booking in Punta-Arenas
- Briefing before the flight to Antarctica
- Flight Punta-Arenas – Patriot Hills – Base camp and back.
- Food in Antarctica
- Group equipment for the climb and base camp
- 25 kg of luggage to Antarctica and back
Not included in the cost:
- International flight to Punta-Arenas
- Meals and accommodation in Punta-Arenas
- Private equipment for the climb and Base camp
- Luggage over 25kg to Antarctica ($70 per extra kilo)
- Insurance $150 000 ($250)
You may also like…
Trekking to K2$3,400.00
10 days, 15 days