About the tour
Mount Ararat is considered legendary for reason. As the Bible has it, it was the final destination of Noah’s Ark. Climbing Mount Ararat provides an opportunity to study an ancient culture along with climbing to en elevation of 5000m.
Ararat climb doesn’t require a rich previous climbing experience. Even a newbie in good physical shape can summit it.
Mt. Ararat is a dormant volcano presently located on the territory of Turkey. The mountain has two peaks – the Great Ararat (that is 5065m) and the Little Ararat (3925m).
The duration of itineraries for climbing Mount Ararat varies. Acclimatization is conducted on the mountain itself since there are no other significant altitudes to climb. The camp-to-camp progress depends on the group’s physical fitness and season – in April the amount of snow makes the assent significantly difficult and the descent –easy.
Day 1. Arrive in Van (you can optionally pay through Ygdyr, in which case the transfer is paid separately).
Day 2. Breakfast at hotel and a ride to the village of Eli, followed by ascent to the first camp (2200m). The climb takes about five hours. Overnight stay at camp.
Day 3. Breakfast. Acclimatization ascent to Camp-2, 4100m, descent to Camp-1.
Day 4. Moving to the camp-2 at (4200m.) Set up tents, preparation for climbing.
Day 5. Early start to summit Mount Ararat and descent to the camp at 3200m.
Day 6. Reserve day. After breakfast, we remove the camp and descent to the village of Eli, transfer to the hotel. It takes about two to three hours. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7. Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to the palace of Ishak Pasha, sightseeing tour of Dogubayazit.
Day 7. Departure.
The price of Ararat climbing tour includes:
- Mountain guides (in the proportion of 1 per 4 climbers)
- Transfer Van-Ararat-Van
- Hotel in Van. Accommodation in 2-3-bed rooms. Duration of stay depends on the schedule.
- Permits for climbing
- Meals three times a day throughout the trip. Dinner on the first day, breakfast – on the last.
- Mules for taking the equipment to camps. (15kg/pax)
Equipment for the group (ropes, ice screws, radios, first aid set, satellite navigators/GPS).
The price of Ararat climbing tour does not include:
- International and local flights
- Personal gear
- Medical insurance for mountain climbing
- Expenses incurred by any changes to the mentioned itinerary
Personal expenses (drinks, internet, phone calls, etc.)
- Airplane tickets
- Medical insurance
- Backpack. 30-50l.
- Sleeping bag, comfort temperature from -10C and below.
- Sleeping mattress
- Trekking poles.
- Ice ax.
Clothes and shoes:
- Trekking boots with the ability to attach crampons.
- Waterproof layer – Jacket + pants. The industry offers a range of products from simple membranes 5000/5000 to products from Gore-Tex.
- Fleece pants and jacket.
- Thermo underwear top + bottom.
- Down jacket.
- Thick gloves.
- Thin gloves.
- Bandana (in addition to sun protection in the valley, it can be used to warm your throat or face in the cold)
- Warm hat.
- Warm trekking socks for climbing day
- LED headlamp
- Ski goggles
- Thermos – 1l. Better without a button in the lid.
- Windproof mask on the lower part of the face (with some degree of success, you can replace it with a scarf)
- Sunblock and lip balm
- Chemical heating pads (not necessary, but can be very useful)
- Personal fmedical kit
- Knee supports