“Cross” of Elbrus from south
Why should you choose us to guide your Elbrus climb? First off, because you are going to entrust our guides to care for your very own life and health. Unfortunately, accidents do happen in the mountains, and having reliable people to safeguard and take care of you is crucial.
Our hotel and our refuge on Elbrus slope – along with our own equipment and outfit rental (the newest and biggest on Elbrus foothill) – are all designed to provide for your high profile and safe rest.
All expeditions mentioned in Schedule and Services section are available upon request if 2 people are in the group. We offer also programs for family vacation – rest and recreation for your family members while you are busy climbing Mount Elbrus.
About the tour
“Cross” of Elbrus is a complicated version of Elbrus Climb from the South and Elbrus climb from the North. It comprises of climbing on the Mount’s one side to both of its summits and descending on its opposite site. This is one of the most well-known routes which allows to thoroughly test one’s own abilities before venturing for higher summits.
“Cross” of Elbrus can be climbed from north to south (more challenging) or from south to north. There is also an option to climb Elbrus’s East summit and descend from it by three different routes – the Motorcycle coloir (with a Land Rover that was taken up there in 1997 being still there), along the rock of Elbrus Saddle (the western slope of Elbrus’s East summit), or on the southern side (the least challenging route).
We can recommend climbing “Cross” of Elbrus as a training program for climbing Lenin Peak, Korjenevskoj Peak, Khan-Tengry, Island Peak, Mera Peak, Aconcagua and Ojos del Salado. There is an option of planning a night stay in tents on Elbrus Saddle.
9-day Schedule of a Guided Climb "Cross of South Elbrus"
To give you peace of mind, the package tours we offer, as a rule, include all expenses you may face.
Day 1. Arrival at MRV airport. Departure from the airport at 12: 00-12: 15 pm for all arrivals on flights before 11:30 pm. Departure from the airport at 15: 15-15: 30 pm for all arrivals before 14:45 pm. Moving 200 km (3 hours) transfer to the hotel. The hotel of the system is at the beginning of the hundred-kilometer valley of the Baksan River, almost on the very slope of Elbrus. Gathering for dinner.
Day 2. Acclimatization hike to Maid’s Braids waterfall (at 2700 m) and further on, to the observatory (at 3100m).
Day 3. Acclimatization hike to Cheget. Descent on foot to the hotel.
Day 4. Taking a lift to the refuge and setting up there. After a snack, making an acclimatization hike to an elevation of 4550m, to the lower part of Pastukhov’s Rocks.
Day 5. An acclimatization hike to Pastukhov’s Rocks (at 4700m).
Day 6. Rest day. Final preparations for summiting Elbrus.
Day 7. Climbing the West summit of Elbrus (5642m.) And the East summit of Elbrus (5621m). The vertex order can be changed by agreement between the guide and the group. Also important is the condition of the route on the day of ascent. Early start at 2-4 in the morning, the use of the snowcat is possible. The ratio of customer guides is always strictly 1: 3. Descent to a hut in the north.
Day 8. Reserve day. Descent to Emmanuel glade. Transfer to Mineralnye Vody.
Day 9. Departure to the airport, we recommend evening flights, so that in case of late descent on day-8, you have the opportunity to arrive in Min.Vody on day-9 in the morning.
Included in the cost of a Climb "Cross of Elbrus":
- Mountain guides: one leading guide for the program of Elbrus South to North traverse and several assistants for the day of summiting, with a strict proportion of 1 guide per three climbers. This means that if there are four clients in a group, there will be two guides for them. We have no limitation of attempts for the group to summit. However, if part of the group made it to the summit while some members failed to, summiting is considered successful, and any additional attempts are made for additional payment.
- Services of a cook.
- Hotel with accommodation in double and triple rooms. Duration of stay depends on the schedule.
- Accommodation in huts. Duration of stay depends on the schedule of Elbrus climb.
- All transfers mentioned in the itinerary (including lifts) – from and to airport / station.
- Meals three times a day throughout the trip. Dinner on the first day, breakfast – on the last.
- All required permits and registrations.
- Equipment for the group (ropes, ice screws, radios, first aid set, satellite navigators/GPS).
Not included in the cost of a Climb "Cross of Elbrus":
- Snowcat on summiting day
- Single accommodation
- Personal equipment
- Any deviations to the original schedule.
List of equipment for "Cross of Elbrus"
- Valid passport
- Airline tickets
- Voucher (a form, which was sent to you for obtaining visa)
- Sleeping bag
- Ski/treking poles
- Ice axe
- Mustache insurance.
- 5 Carabines
- 7 meters of 5 or 6 mm rope
Clothing and shoes.
- Wind and waterproof layer – Pants and Jacket. Gore-Tex, for example.
- Fleece pants and jacket
- Thermo underwear layer – top and bottom
- Dawn jacket.
- Thick gloves
- Thin gloves
- Warm hat
- Underwear, socks and so on
- Some warm socks for a summit day
- Windproof face mask
- Trekking shoes/trekking boots
- Double or triple boots
- Shower accessories, toothpaste, toothbrush
- Ski goggles
- Thermos (1 liter, better without button)
- Sunblock and lip balm
- Personal medical kit
- Spare contact lenses or glasses
- Knee supports
You may also like…
Aconcagua + Ojos Del Salado4,750 €
Climb Island peak1,640 €
Climb Lenin peak1,854 €