Mountain System, country – Karakorum, Pakistan
Season – June-August
Dates, duration – 60-75 days
Difficulty of the route – Very Challenging
60 days detail Itinerary
D-01: Arrive Islamabad. On arrival guide will transfer you to hotel. After lunch the group will attend meeting with L.O a briefing session at the Ministry of Tourism to obtain the expedition permit. Afternoon a sight-seeing trip will take you to the twin cities of modern capital Islamabad and the old city Rawalpindi . Overnight will be in hotel.
D-02: Islamabad-Chilas. Drive to Chilas (11-12 hrs) meals & O/n at hotel. Karakorum high way is 8th wonder of the world. The Karakorum Highway was constructed jointly by the Chinese and Pakistanis, begun in 1960s and finally constructed in 1976 as a link road between Pakistan and China . It is an engineering wonder, but at the cost of many lives
D-03: Chilas-Skardu. Drive to Skardu (8-9 hrs) on Karakorum highway along-with Indus River, meals & O/n at hotel
D-04: Skardu rest day and Packing. Reserve day
D-05: Drive to Askoli (3000m). Having an early breakfast we start our jeep journey (7-8 hrs) along the Shigar and Braldu valleys to Askoli village (3050m), the last permanent settlement of Shigar Valley . This seven hours hard drive is an extremely spectacular and fascinating journey through little changed traditional villages and orchards. Overnight in tents.
D-06: Trek to Jhola(3200m). After an early breakfast and distribution of luggage among porters, we start the trek (6 hrs) and walk along the turbulent waters of the Braldu River towards Jhola(3200m). Most of the trek is an easy walk on established trails except the rocky snout of the Biafo Glacier which we cross and continue to up to Jhola camp site situated just after the confluence of the Braldu and Dumordo Rivers . Meals and overnight in tents.
D-07: To Paiju (3450m). We leave Jhola early for Paiju (3450m). Most of the way is easy mainly at riverside of Braldu River . 7 – 8 hours walking in a hot and dry conditions and crossing many side streams we will reach Paiju afternoon. The Masherbrum group on our right side and whilst ahead of us we gradually begin to see the spires and towers of Trango and Cathedral groups. Today we will also see the snout of the Baltoro Glacier. Picnic lunch will be provided. Dinner and overnight in tents.
D-08: Paiju. A relaxation, acclimatization and preparations day at Paiju. Meals and overnight in tents.
D-09: Trek to Urdukas (4,200m). Today we will cross the Baltoro Glacier which is hard but rewarding with the fascinating views of Paiju Peak , Trango Towers , Lobsang Spires, Grand Cathedral, Uli Biafo and many other needle like rock peaks.. We cross the glacier to the southern side and continue along an ablation valley to our campsite at Urdukas. Meals and overnight in tents
D-10: Trek to Goro (4,300m). Trek to Goro from Urdukas is easy due to the bare glacier. There are breathtaking views all around us. Heading ahead there are Broad Peak (8047m) and Gasherbrum IV (7930m) on the right side the Mashabrum Group and the left the Trango group of peaks situated. 4-5 hours trekking and overnight in tents.
D-11: Trek to Concordia (4,650m). After three to four trek, today, we will reach Concordia, the Throne Room of the Mountain Gods. All around us guarding by the world’s highest peaks including the K2 (8611m) the second highest mountain in the world, Gasherbrum I (8068m), Broad Peak(8047m), Hidden Peak (8035m) and Chogolisa (7653m). We will camp at the confluence of the Baltoro and Godwin Austin Glaciers.
D-12: K-2 Base camp. Trek to K-2 Base camp
D-13 to 52 – climbing activities
D-53: Ali Camp (5030m). We leave K-2 base camp and traverse towards Gondogoro La. The portion is difficult with crevasses. Once on the Vigne Glacier it is a comparatively easy and gradual walk over snow and ice up to the camp. We will sleep early to wake up very early tomorrow.
D-54: Over Gondogoro La (5650m). We leave Ali Camp at midnight to climb the Gondogoro La with crisp snow. In the first hours we will walk on the lateral moraines to avoid the crevasses and with near to the pass walk on snow up to the pass using fixed ropes as well as crampons and ice axes. With sun rising we will be at the top of the pass. 5650m high Gondogoro La offers breathtaking mountain panorama including K-2, Broad Peak , Gasherbrums, Mashabrum and many more. After 8 to 9 hours we will reach at Khuispang, a grassy spot embellished with the views of Laila Peak (6063m)
D-55: Trek to Saischo (3727m). Easy four hours walking on the fixed trails through the summer pastures we will reach Saischo, the meeting point of Saraksa and Gondogoro valleys. The night here always be celebrated by multicultural peoples gathered here for the night.
D-56: Trek to Hushe (3153m). Three to four hours trek through summer pastures and shepherd huts and along the Gondogoro River , enjoying spectacular views of K6 (7171m), K7 (6839m), and Linksar (6935m) we reach Hushe village. Overnight and meal in camp.
D-57: Drive to Skardu. 5-6 hours jeep ride will take us to Skardu along the Shyok and Indus Rivers . Meals and overnight at hotel.
D-58: Chilas. Fly to Islamabad Or Drive (9 hours) to Chilas along the Karakorum Highway . Meals and overnight at hotel.
D-59: Islamabad. Rest day or Drive to Islamabad from Chilas for 12 hours.
- Airport to hotel on arrival & hotel to airport on departure.
- Hotel accommodation with bed & breakfast in Islamabad three night’s standard. Hotel air-condition room.
- Transportation from Islamabad/ Skardu/ Islamabad with all expedition Luggage’s.
- Three nights in Skardu on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and Dinner)
- Jeeps Skardu/Askoli/Skardu.
- Wages, insurance, food equipment of cook,
- Wages, insurance, food equipment of Assistant cook,
- Wages, insurance, food of Porter Sirdar.
- Porter Payment, Low altitude porters.
- Personal Baggage, 60 kg (going time) and 50 kgs (on return) is included in this cost.
- Full board camp food during trek & at base camp.
- Mess tent, Kitchen tent, table, and chairs & kitchen equipment.
- Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
- Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing of expedition members & Porters.
- Porters Equipment’s.
- Assistance in obtaining permit and other documentation’s
- Briefing and debriefing in the Ministry of tourism
- US $ 200 for environment protection fund. (by 2011)
- 1000 US$ guarantee pollution fee. (by 2011)
- Fuel, Tarpaulin, and Stove for porters.
- Kerosene Oil for porter and Members.
- Toilet tent.
- L.O insurance, transport, hotel,
- L.O, equipment and TA DA in the city US$30 per day and in the Mountain US$15 per day (by 2011)
- Our service is up to the base camp, climbing food, equipment, high altitude Porters are not included in our price.
- Sleeping bags, rucksacks and personal clothing and climbing Equipment.
- Medication, ground evacuation and helicopter rescue Deposit US$6000/ charges of any kind. (by 2011)
- Room services, laundry charges, beverages and items of personal nature.
- Phone /communication bills.
- Insurance or liability of any members.
- Custom clearing and forwarding agent’s charge.
- Other expenses and service not mentioned in this condition sheet.
- Islamabad Hotel Lunch and Dinner.
- Royalty fee for k-2