Rest in the Elbrus region, 9 days
About the tour
The recreation program in the Elbrus region is designed for those who are not going to go mountaineering, climb Elbrus and want to spend the night only in a comfortable hotel during the entire period of their stay in the Elbrus region, as well as for those who are just looking at simple mountain climbing. This program is perfect for a family vacation in the Elbrus region with children, for families where one of the parents plans to climb Elbrus, and the rest of the family wants to be around. The recreation program in the Elbrus region is suitable for almost anyone, even for children from five years old.
All the days that the group of climbers spends in the valley, you take walks with them, optionally, you can make an easy acclimatization ascent to Priyut-11 with them and not the easiest, but accessible to most people, ascent to the Pastukhov Rocks. On these days, you can also go for a ride simply on a snowcat without physical activity. There is no better chance to touch the snow in the summer, especially in the first half of the summer, then on Elbrus most often there is already bare ice. But in the second half of summer, berries begin to ripen in the valley.
Recreation program on Elbrus from the south with a guide, 9 days.
Day 1. Arrival at the airport Mineralnye Vody. Departure from the airport at 12: 00-12: 15 for all arrivals on flights before 11:30. Departure from the airport at 15: 15-15: 30 for all arrivals before 14:45. Moving 200 km (3 hours) transfer to the hotel. The hotel is located at the beginning of the hundred-kilometer valley of the Baksan River, almost on the very slope of Elbrus. Gathering for dinner.
Day 2. Walk to Cheget, it is possible to use a chairlift if the loads seem a bit too much (dress warmly, even on a sunny day!). Descent on foot to the Cheget glade, lunch.
Day 3. Walk-acclimatization to the waterfall “Maiden’s Spit” (2700m) along the old road, first in a pine forest, then in the area of alpine meadows, from where (not necessarily) we climb further to the observatory (3100m), lunch at the hotel.
Day 4. In the morning – transfer to Azau, ascent to the shelter by cable car (the last part of the cable car is open, keep warm and not blown clothes on hand). The shelter is located on the edge of a glacier, it is always winter here, but during the day it is usually relatively warm. Free time. Here you can ride a snowmobile (we do not recommend it, this is a somewhat risky activity) or on a snowcat, from here you can see the entire Main Caucasian ridge and all the five-thousanders of the Caucasus, except for Kazbek. Elbrus – at a glance. It is from here that all the ascents to Elbrus start. Independent descent on the cable car down (from the shelter to the cable car – 200 meters horizontally), independent taxi to the hotel.
Day 5. Trekking to the Terskol river valley – a wild gorge, the trail to which starts right from the village and leads through a pine forest to alpine meadows, along the way there are bushes of raspberries, lingonberries and blueberries, from mid-June (and often earlier), then a wall of crystals of solidified lava. With good endurance of the group, you can walk to the waterfall. This is the gentlest trekking in the entire program, no special labor costs.
Day 6. Walk to the Narzan Valley, where springs of carbonated mineral water saturated with iron gush out from under the ground. Here you can fish for trout and climb the mountainside to see Elbrus.
Day 7. Free software
Day 8. Free software
Day 9. Departure to the airport at 7 am (plan your flights!). You can have time to walk around Pyatigorsk, leaving your belongings at the airport, visit the place of the duel of M.Yu. Lermontov (independently).
Free program days options:
– Trekking in the Adyl-Su gorge (preliminary registration of a border pass may be required)
– Trekking in the Irik-Chat gorge
– Jeep tour through the mountains to the north of Elbrus with a return through Kislovodsk
– Jeep tour to Bezengi through Chegem waterfalls
Included in the cost of Elbrus program:
- Leader-guide during the whole program, except for the days of the free program
- Hotel, accommodation in 2-3-bed rooms. Number of nights according to the program.
- All transfers according to the program, including cable cars to Elbrus. From the airport (train station) to the airport.
- Three meals a day during the entire program, except for lunches on the days of the free program. Dinner on the first day, breakfast on the last day.
- All necessary permits and registrations.
Not included in the cost of Elbrus program
- Free Program Tours
- Single occupancy.
- Personal equipment.
- Any deviation from the program.
- Cable cars to Chege
List of equipment for climbing mount Elbrus from the South.
- Valid passport
- Airline tickets
- Voucher (a form, which was sent to you for obtaining visa)
- Sleeping bag
- Ski/trekking poles
- Ice axe
- Mustache insurance.
- 2 Carabines
- 2 meters of 5 or 6-10mm rope
Clothing and shoes.
- Wind and waterproof layer – Pants and Jacket. Gore-Tex, for example.
- Fleece pants and jacket
- Thermo underwear layer – top and bottom
- Dawn jacket.
- Thick gloves
- Thin gloves
- Warm hat
- Underwear, socks and so on
- Some warm socks for a summit day
- Windproof face mask
- Trekking shoes/trekking boots
- Double or triple boots
- Shower accessories, toothpaste, toothbrush
- Ski goggles
- Thermos (1 liter, better without button)
- Sunblock and lip balm
- Personal medical kit
- Spare contact lenses or glasses
- Knee supports